When You Don't Feel Like Worshiping


Acts 16:24 But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them...

Prayer and worship are not out of the ordinary.  Prayer and worship in prison are.  From prison, feet chained to the floor, Paul and Silas worship God.  That is extraordinary; and for those with ears to hear, incredibly subversive.

I'm not quick to "guilt" you into coming to church, but sometimes the text reminds me that my situation, although hard in my experience of it, may not actually be as bad as it appears.  If Paul and Silas still worship God when they have every reason to curse God, then maybe I can worship this Sunday even if I don't feel like it.

I want to encourage you to come to church this Sunday and worship - regardless of how you feel.  Maybe even in spite of how you feel.  If you don't feel like it, then, in my opinion, that's the best time to worship.  Anyone can worship God when they feel like it (when you situation is good).  It takes a person who believes in the resurrection power of Jesus Christ to worship even on the dark, heavy days when everyone else doubts.

I want to encourage to come to church this Sunday.  It will be good for your soul.  Hope to see you there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discipleship Pastor

Gospel Living

Sorrow will Flee Away